Thursday, May 7, 2009

Kaydee turns six . . .


I love birthdays. No, I mean I really love birthdays and Kaydee's was definitely not an exception. Can she really be 6? It seems like just yesterday I was posting of her fifth birthday celebrations.
-sigh-

Kaydee's favorites of the big day (in her words):
  • putting my shoes in the volcano
  • getting some WEBKINZ
  • eating pancakes and bacon in bed
  • walking through the jungle
  • eating the spotted dinosaur cake
  • playing heavy heavy hang over
  • getting the didj
  • all the friends that came to my dino party
  • passing out treats at school
We had a great and exhausting day. Lots of fun and friends and a major sugar overload. Most of the sugar came from the cake... that took a little bit longer to make than expected and an angelic next door neighbor that offered to help me because she just "happened to want to cook a bundt cake" out of her own ingredients at 10:00 at night. I don't even know how to begin thanking someone for that kind of sweetness. Seriously love that Michelle neighbor of mine.
All in all, the cake took over six hours to create. If it wasn't for the stinkin' face caving in at the last minute it would have taken a little over four and look a ton better. grrr.
Let's just say that you did not want to be present in the Debra Lea household when I was putting the final touches on the triceratops face. Insane ball of emotional stress wacko-ism might just be a tad bit too nice of adjective to describe my loveliness at that precise moment. Thank goodness that my dear Greg didn't mind *cough* one bit that I was barking orders at him to save my triceratops face. You would have thought I was doing plastic surgery on a celebrity for how panicked I sounded. I finally stopped fussing with the cake when Greg reminded me (again) that the kids would love it regardless, however they probably would not like me still in my pajamas.

As for the birthday party, Kaydee chose the theme : Dinosaurs. and Boy did we have fun with that one. I wish the pictures that were taken could show the energetic atmosphere and excitement of the kids. You gotta love the pictures though since the reason we got any was because I randomly handed the camera to someone and told them to take a picture. I especially love all of the glowing windows in the background... We had such a great time and I think we could sum it up as a great success.



Kaydee, I sure love you. You surprise me everyday with your sweetness and your humor. I absolutely LOVE it when you give me that super cute grin in the morning and ask for your snuggles. You've grown up so much this year, going to Kindergarten and all. You've learned how to read and add numbers, how to play with others and let your imagination entertain. You've created some beautiful art pieces that would impress even the most fussy of the art critics. I hope that you continue to cultivate this amazing personality of yours because I am continually awed by it. Our family wouldn't be the same without you. I love you. Happy Birthday my sweet six year old!

No comments: