Friday, April 4, 2008

Grandparents Day . . .

I just want everyone to know that I have the greatest dad in the world. Today was grandparents day at Nicole's school and she chose my dad to attend. He showed up in his best suit and everything. Each grade put on a little program and then each child took their grandparents aside and read to them. After the event my dad took Nicole out to lunch to McDonald's which is quite a treat since according to my kids, we NEVER get to go to McDonald's. Nicole can't stop talking about how much fun it was to have Grandpa there. Gosh, where is your camera when you need it?!

Kaydee has even informed me that next year when she is in Kindergarten and has Grandparents Day she wants Grandpa R to come and take her to McDonald's after . . . what do you say Dad, is it a date?

I know this is way sentimental for me but seeing my dad walk into Nicole's school brought tears to my eyes . . . and I remembered all of the fun things that my dad did for me when I was growing up. He used to take my sister and me on Daddy/ Daughter dates to Leatherby's where I believe I got my love for ice cream. ;) I remember one Daddy/ Daughter date especially when I was in Beehives. We had to dress up in our best attire and we had a dinner and a dance. My dad bought me a corsage and he held my hand as we walked up the street where the event was held. I probably acted like I was too cool to be enjoying myself (sorry dad) but I had a great time.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That is SO sweet!!