Thursday, October 2, 2008

my brother got married . . .





My brother got himself sealed to the most darling girl ever. I am so extremely excited to have Rachel Nellie join the family.

The Blessed day's re-cap:

Even at 5:12 am..... yes, 5:12 am! I could tell it was going to be a beautiful September day. 5:12 am was supposed to be when I was finishing up my girls hair to be picture ready for the day. However, 5:12 am was the time I got out of bed panicked because I had slept in. I can't even imagine what time Rachel got up to get ready for her 7:00 am wedding at the Salt Lake Temple.

6:54am was the time that Greg dropped my girls and me off on the North side of Temple Square so he could park the car. The girls and I then proceeded to RUN down the street and around the corner to find the entrance to the temple, let me tell you doing this in 3" high heels and herding 3 little girls is no small feat. I dropped the girls off with their cousins in the 'youth room' in the Temple's waiting room, had the nice temple worker look and scan my recommend and SPEED WALKED as reverently as I could to take off my shoes and entered the room where my youngest brother would be sealed to his bride for all time and eternity--with just minutes to spare. But not to worry... my sister was running just as behind and she and her husband walked in about five minutes after me. Her lame excuse? One of her kids threw up. I thought my sleeping in was such a better reason to be late ;)

Greg came hurrying in right after Boyd and Rachel (The groom and bride) walked in. My husband, the hero for parking the car, looked so handsome rushing in like that. Oh how I love that man!

The sealing was absolutely wonderful. I got teary eyed like I always do when I feel the LOVE that our Father in Heaven has for us.

Afterward, I retrieved my kids from the waiting room and headed outside for pictures.




I seriously think Natalie thought the photo session was for her.



(this picture brought to you by my brother Dave making silly faces behind the picture taker)

And in between the pictures, I made paper super frogs...... A LOT of paper super frogs.





11:00am came around and it was time for the chow. The food was set, we were just waiting for everyone to show. We waited,

and waited
and w a i t e d


and had a blast doing it. The kids ran around, played with the napkins (hopefully their own), and eyed the dessert table. and we chatted.


We had rolls and salad and whipped jello salad and baked potatoes and the most amazing ham-- I was told the ham cooked for 14 hours wrapped in spices and 7 layers of aluminum foil. It was delish! Oh and the desserts.... YUM!

And for those that were wondering if Greg actually had fun at the Wedding Breakfast . . .
He SURE did!

The reception was just as lovely. It was so fun to see relatives and ol' neighbors and friends. Rachel's parents yard looked fabulous and the weather couldn't have been better. The food fantastic. I even got blamed for decorating my brother's car. As for pictures, I was a slacker.... do you blame me? I was up at 5:12am.




Oh and Boyd . . . . if you are reading this . . . .
I didn't touch your car ;)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

CUTE PICTURES!! Wish you were still living by us.
How is that for a comment :P

David Richards said...

Yeah, cute pictures, except all those family pictures, and not ONE of me???

Debra said...

Dave, I just didn't want you to get all of the attention....you know how selfish I am with the limelight.

I did mention you--by name--in the post though. Which is better than nothing, right?

And thanks Steph, if you would just put a girls night out ahead of family time you wouldn't miss me so much.... :) We seriously missed you on Tuesday.

The Bentley's said...

weddings are so much fun!!! and yes, such LOOOOOONG days for kids!

Marcae said...

It looks like the wedding turned out beautiful. What were they thinking having a 7:00 am sealing??? The girls looked darling. Glad it was a nice day for all!

caron said...

Debra, you are so great! I just love your enthusiasm. Congratulations on getting a (nother?) sibling married off. We aren't having much success with that in our family :) Oh well.

Katy said...

What? No picture of Boyd's car (that you did not touch...)? :)

Heather M said...

Debra you are so cute, I love your blog (found you through Rissa's blog)!!!! Awesome pictures from the wedding everyone looks beautiful. E-mail me h02morrison@gmail.com, I can invite you to our blog :)