Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nicole's Baptism...

Nicole was baptized Aug. 2, 2008. I still can't believe that I have an eight year old. The day was fabulous which was amazing to me. You see, about 20 hours before the occasion my house was still in a
disastrous moving frenzy
and
I still had all of the food to prepare
and
two birthday cakes to make and decorate.
Add some grocery shopping, kids baths, regular meals and housework and some neighborhood kids in the mix, I was a little more than frazzled. Just ask the friends and family that dropped by during the whirlwind. My kids could surely feel the stress too and showed me by tantrums, tears, and uncooperative actions.
I pulled another all-nighter (the fourth one that week) and just prayed that my efforts would be enough. and miraculously they were.
The morning couldn't have run better. There was a wonderful PEACE that came into our home which is such a testimony to me that my daughter's decision of being baptized was what our Heavenly Father wanted her to do. My kids woke up happy and didn't even complain about getting their hair done.... well at least they didn't complain too much. ;) Greg and I finished unpacking the necessary boxes and put the rest in a corner of our basement. We finished the rest of the to-do list just minutes before we were supposed to leave for the stake center.

We arrived at the stake center about twenty minutes before Nicole's baptism in order for Greg and Nicole to change into their baptismal clothing. She was so excited. Since she was the only one getting baptized in our ward, she was able to have family and friends do the program which included her grandmas giving the talks, a friend playing a piano piece, Aunt Allie and her sister singing, Aunt Laura playing the piano, Uncle Boyd and Uncle Mark directing the music and Grandpa V. and a future Aunt Rachel saying the prayers.

When I wrapped Nicole in her towel after she was baptized she said,
"That was neat. I want to do it again." :)

I am so proud of my Nicole!!






I bought Kaydee these shoes a couple of days before the baptism so she wouldn't feel left out on Nicole's big day. I admit that it was a kind of bribe because I knew that if she had something special that day she would be more cooperative with getting ready. Think what you will, but it worked like a charm. ;)

3 comments:

Katie said...

What a great day for your family! You have such cute girls.

sweet pickles said...

What a doll. Glad it went so well!

The Bentley's said...

i love bribes:) (the pink shoes) what a special day for you family and way to go on pulling the all nighter!!