Thursday, September 11, 2008

Be a hero . . .

It's here, it's here, it's finally here!! I got my bone-marrow tissue-typing kit today. And thank you NASCAR for making it FREE to be tested. I'm super excited about this kit because I could be someone's hero someday and even save their life. How often can you do that?

Here's the scoop.... My good friend Zack has Leukemia and chemo just hasn't done enough to kill off the cancer cells. Soooo, Zack needs a bone marrow transplant and that's why I've been looking at becoming a bone marrow donor. Of course it's pretty unlikely that I will be a match for Zack, but I could be a match for someone else in need and so can YOU. :)

Please please please go to www.marrow.org and see how you can be a donor and if you do it before Sept. 22, NASCAR is picking up the bill making it FREE for anyone that wants to be tested.

You could save a life!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice work. I just signed up.

The Bentley's said...

good for you! i think that is so neat and inspiring. hopefully your friend can be healed!

Katy said...

Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow!! I can't wait!

Marcae said...

Wow, what an amazing thing for you to do. Hopefully, you are a match for your friend. I can't think of a more wonderful gift.
P.S. I'm so glad I'm going to be working with you.

Carrie said...

I can't find how to do it for free!? Is there a code you need to put in or something? It's saying I need to pay $52? Can you email me how to do this?
Carriebethchapman@hotmail.com

Carrie said...

Never mind, I'm an idiot! I found it and will recieve my kit sometime this week! Thanks Debra!