Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pray for Drew . . .

As many of you know my good friend, Jacque, has an eight year old son that was diagnosed with bone cancer in May of 2007. On Friday he has his 6 month post chemo. scans to see if his remains cancer free. . . However, after more than a years fight to save his leg he will be having surgery next Thursday, September 18 (rotationplasty) which is a partial amputation. They are hopeful that this is the best option for Drew considering what he has been through and looking forward to his future.
Their family is setting aside this upcoming Sunday, September 14, to have a fast and pray in behalf of Drew. They are hoping his surgery will be a success with minimal to no complications. They would like to invite friends and family who would be willing, to fast with them.

If you would like to learn more about this amazing boy and everything he has been through, please click on "Drew" in my friends list.

3 comments:

Katy said...

Is it back? I'm so sick of cancer I could scream!! We will definitely fast for him.

Debra said...

As far as they know he is still cancer free, however he is having a lot of problems with infection etc. with the surgery sites and devices they put in his leg. In order to save the rest of the leg, they are going to try the rotationplasty.

-sigh- I hear you about the cancer thing. I'll be fasting for Zack at the same time.

Katy said...

I'm making the announcement in RS, and Dan is doing one in EQ. Basically we are planning on calling everyone to repentance, I mean registering to donate!! :P