Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Prepared....


Who would have ever thought that FOOD STORAGE would make someone giddy? I have seriously had a perma-grin on my face for the last couple of days while I've been filling up my basement with food storage. Gosh, with Macey's case lot sale, the Church's dry pack cannery and some food I bottled myself, I have a great start on what my family needs in case of an emergency. I am especially proud of the food that I canned myself. :)

And to top it all off I have a date with my hubby on Oct. 10th to do cleanup at the wet pack cannery which allows me to buy some MORE food storage. It doesn't get much better than that. (Oh, and thanks babe for agreeing to such an event)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who gets so excited about a basement full of food! Shopping for it is my favorite. Just slowly getting that cart so full it's about to start to cry...

John said...

What about a picture!!!

Debra said...

Melissa, getting the cart so full is the best. I seriously had to get a running start in order to push my cart around this time. :)

jessica (or john... not sure which one that commented) I'll be posting more pictures for sure...I just need to get it all organized. Hmmm, that might take me a while since I don't have shelves yet. -sigh-

Telisse and Kade said...

Way to go! Love food storage! Never have enough.

Melissa said...

Hey, If you need shelves, my husband just got some at Costco that are great for food storage. I think they were around $60 a set, but the same kind were $120 at home depot. they hold up to 300 lbs a shelf. Just a suggestion

Lynne said...

Wow! Very impressive. I better get to work and catch up.