Sunday, February 8, 2009

A day for Love . . .

I'm not sure if its because Valentine's is just around the corner or if its just because she's just one of the cutest 3 1/2 year olds that you'll ever know but we've heard the 'L' word quite a bit out of Natalie's mouth today. I guess Natalie is just full of that loving feeling.

I first heard it when Natalie was deciding on which game she wanted to play before church. She spotted this loverly game and instantly had her heart set on it... the only problem? She's not exactly the owner of it. Her 5 year old sister is. dun dun dun.... I guess she was ready to do whatever it took to gain the privilege of playing with the ladybugs because although she asked nicely she was in the defensive stance and was ready to beg and whine if needed. Kaydee easily said yes which not only pleased her to pieces but surprised me a bit that

a. my 3 year old asked so nicely the first time and
2. my 5 year old didn't even flinch before she said yes
Two minutes later I hear in the sweetest three year old voice, "I love you Kaydee."

Greg got an "I love you" for making breakfast and I got one for making her hair look like a princess and another one just because I was snuggling with her on the couch.

And then we celebrated one of my greatest friend's birthdays. And as in years past, we were invited to the big family celebration--even though we're not even family. Ya, I know... it makes us feel special. As I was running around in the kitchen making the cakes (and Natalie was setting up the Ladybug game) she must have been contemplating quite a bit what I was doing.

She asked in a slow (
not so normal for her), very drawn out way: "It's Jack's --Mom's --birthday?"

Me (after I realized she was talking to me and I put her words together) : "Yes. It's Jessica's birthday party today"

Natalie : "I love Jack's Mom's birthday"

a couple of seconds later

"I love Jack's Mom"
about 20 seconds later

"and She loves me"

Me (grinning and trying not to giggle) : "yes, yes she does."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Okay, that's the cutest blog ever. And not just because I'm in it. I have to get you a different picture of me. I'm not exactly at my best after two hours of jumping. The cakes were fabulous by the way!

Debra said...

Although I love this picture of you and I'm jealous that you can look so amazing after jumping for two hours... I definitely need to get more pictures of you. But hey, it was either this one or the one from our wii competition. I thought you would like this choice better. ;)

And bravo for the comment. I absolutely love it when you comment :)