Saturday, February 7, 2009

February at last . . . .


Holy cannoli this was the week for birthdays. Some of my mostest favorite people in the world have their birthdays the first week of February and it makes me so happy that they are part of my life.

Seriously, do you think I could get this awesome on my own? No way. It took a lot of time, love and fun from other awesome friends and family to mold me into who I am today. So really, if you hate my stinkin' guts, I guess you can blame them.... ;)

So Happy Happy Birthday to Chantelle, Jay, Jessica, Jeanette, and Brianna and anyone else I forgot. I love you all.

In other news, my brother's okay and whew, it was a close one.

Let me preface (the rest of this post is for posterity sake):

You ever have a sibling that you just don't get along with? Well my bro Mark used to be him. I laugh at it now cause he is seriously one of the greatest guys I know, but growing up....
um, well--we didn't exactly get along. I had buttons and A LOT of them and Mark liked to push every single one of 'em and of course I pushed his just as much. It wasn't until after I was out of the house and married that I really was able to see how AMAZING this brother of mine truly is. And I love him too.

Fast forward to Monday, Feb. 2, 2009--early morning. Mark went to bed feeling quite ill. By 6:00 a.m. he was totally unresponsive to Brianna's attempts to waking him up.
My fabulous sis-in-law even threw a cup of water in his face--not even a flinch. She called 911 and the paramedics rushed him to the hospital to find out that he had a lethal dose of his prescription medication in him. They started counteracting the drug immediately. He had to stay in the ICU for a couple of days as the prescription drug left his body.

He had taken his new prescription and it wasn't explained very well to him... something to do with delayed release vs. what he was used to from previous prescriptions.

The really scary part? The doctors told us that even an hour later it would've been too late.

Did I already say that
I love my brother? I don't think I say it enough...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey, so I never know when people ask questions on my blog if I'm supposed to reply their or on theirs, so I'm replying on yours! I had Shayanne (dunn) Russell take my pics. She did awesome, there was sun spots in a few, but all of my favorites turned out wonderfully! And Yes, Ellyit is a darn happy baby, it is awesome.