Saturday, January 31, 2009

Welcome back Mr. Carrot . . .


One great thing that came to pass from the awful bleak smoggy weather that we *ahem* enjoyed last week?.... we found our snowman's nose. It had been lost for months under the frozen tundra that we lovingly call our front yard. But not anymore... not with the nasty inversion and then the rain (yes, rain in January) that we were surprised with.

Hooray for mr. Carrot and welcome back... we've missed being able to make incredible snowmen buddies with you. We've had tears, and even tantrums when one by one we found your friends... Mr. Hat blown into the neighbor's yard, miss scarlet the scarf half frozen in a bank of snow on the side of the road, the coal black eyes a week after; but your bright shade of pumpkin was no where to be found. I even had my suspicions that a neighbors dog had mistaken you as a chew toy... Now months later after a depressing month of gray, your smiling face-can I even say that?- shows up on our icy grass and we're glad. Again Welcome back, please forgive that we left you out in the elements for so long.
We would have looked harder--- but it was so stinkin' cold. I knew you would understand.

3 comments:

caron said...

Debra, you are talking to inanimate objects again.
Welcome to the club.
I talk to my dogs like they understand me. I'm sure other people find that amusing. :)

sweet pickles said...

Love the carrot. It does totally make the snowman complete!

Marce said...

i love the hilarious things you blog about, Debra. You are soooo funny! i forgot to comment on your Tooth Fairy posts...those made Mike and I laugh SOOO hard. seriously. Kaydee is hilarious.

And also, i have been meaning to call you and ask you for your address...i have your Christmas Giveaway Present all ready to send to you... i keep thinking that we'll just go to your house...or that we'll see you and Grandma and Grandpa Van Alfen's house...and then we don't and now it's February...and i'm an IDIOT. i'm so sorry. so, please, email me your address so I can send you your lovely gift (marcichapman@gmail.com)

thank you, and sorry i'm so lame :)

and, how are your headaches, by the way?