Wednesday, January 28, 2009

If heaven tastes this good, count me in . . .

Holy moly... I just tasted a little bit of heaven this morning and it came in the form of a pummelo. I've never even heard of this crazy citrus fruit before but Costco had some and you know what that means....

It's not as sour as a grapefruit put it'll definitely make you pucker a little more than those little clementine oranges. And if you ask me its pure bliss.

So now I'm wondering... what else have I been missing out on?! Seriously if you know about other foods I'm missing out on you better fess up now. or in nicer terms... would you please leave me a comment of some of your favorite fruits and veggies, cheeses, breads, meats or whatever. I'm in an experimenting type of mood so please please share.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Havarti is one of my fav-o-rite cheeses. It is heavenly in a grilled sandwich with tomato!

beth said...

I agree with Mike. Wait - how do you know Mike? Through Amy?

Anyway - also a very good cheese: Ewephoria. It's from goats milk.

Target (Archer Farms) makes a Peach Pear Italian soda which is very delicious.

Cream Cheese brownies at Paradise Bakery!

Melissa said...

Macintosh apples. They are superior to the taste of any other apple. My Grandma had a tree when I was growing up so we had them a lot. You can usually only buy them in the fall/winter at the store. They don't really store very well (they go mushy kind of fast) but they are well worth any trouble.

Debra said...

Where have I been? I haven't tried any of these foods...not even the Macintosh apples. And here I was thinking that the Macintosh was just a computer.

I've put these delicacies on my grocery list, all except the apples which I will begrudgingly have to wait until I can find them in season. Thanks so much for the suggestions!

Marce said...

oh my gosh, that looks divine! i can't wait to try one...mmm mmm.