Thursday, January 8, 2009

The wisdom of my 3 year old . . .

Natalie has an answer for everything, even if she doesn't.

Tonight, since my homemaking skills were exhausted on taking down the last of Christmas and playing Webkinz (hey. don't start...) I was just too stinkin' tired to make my starving family dinner. Boy am I glad that I live within a mile's radius of a jillion restaurants
. (No I am not exaggerating, if you are wondering, I've counted them and they are all on speed dial. OK . . . I'm kind of kidding about the speed dial thing.)

Because we are nice parents, Greg and I decided to give our kids three choices of where to gets our nutrition tonight. Kaydee and Nicole answered right away with an appropriate answer. Natalie, on the other hand, didn't say a thing. I asked her again...

Natalie, where would you like to eat tonight?

"Um...... (long pause) . . . . I'm Belle." said in her most sing songy princess voice and with an expression on her face like that answer should be totally sufficient to the question asked.


Hmmm.... if only I could get away with that answer with all of my really hard questions.

Debra, did you get your Visiting Teaching done yet?
I'm Belle

Mom, are you sure we are not lost?
I'm
Belle

Ma'am could I please see your license and registration?
Don't worry officer, I'm Belle.

I know. Not so cute when I do it right? Maybe if I could learn to do the head bob and batting of the eye lashes like Natalie does . . .

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love hearing all of the hilarious things your kids say and do!
And about being included in the blogs I love... about half of the blogs I follow aren't on that list! I need to update it so badly, it's just so involved...

{leah} said...

You need to do it in a sing-song voice too.

{great Christmas tree by the way}