Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas 2008 part 1. . .

Kids and Christmas just go together, especially in my house. I guess I shouldn't say especially... I'm sure anyone with kids could claim that their home holds the title of loving Christmas the most.

But secretly, just between you and I.... the Debra Lea household is the one that REALLY loves Christmas time the mostest. ;)

Here are a few glimpses of my favorite sights around our home this Christmas time complete with an advent calendar from Greg's childhood. (His mom even made all of the little ornaments that go with it, I know, she's amazing.)


But my ABSOLUTE favorite thing about this Christmas season. was this:


This little nativity was set up on our entry table and many a time I would walk by it to find the members of the set in a different arrangement. Who, might you ask, would be so precious as to line up the nativity attendees to meet the Christ child? Or encircle them around Him, as in awe? Why my dear Kaydee of course. This sight pulled at my heartstrings I tell ya. Oh I love how her mind works.

And I love how children can remind me about the most important part of Christmas. See, kids and Christmas just go together.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Your decorations are sooo fun! I especially love your tree! I finally took my decorations down on Sunday. I figured that I just couldn't justify leaving them up any longer, as much as I wanted to...

Jessica said...

Jack did the same thing with a nativity that we had on our piano. It was so cute...but we are now missing our baby Jesus. I hope it shows up.

The Rissa and Alex Family said...

I have to say the nativity thing is adorable. Seriously brought a tear to my eye. Children are amazing. Life would be so boring and dull without them. My boys seem to teach me more than I teach them.
Happy New year Debra!

Katy said...

That is SO cute!! Kaydee is a doll!

Telisse and Kade said...

Debra....... I am going private. I would love to add you to my list of viewers. Email me at telisseallen@preciscom.net
Thanks!