Thursday, January 15, 2009

While you were sleeping . . . .

"Early to bed, and early to rise,
makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

--- Benjamin Franklin, 1758

You see, sleeping is good for you. I just wish someone would let my body in on the secret. Here it is, 3:07 am and I am still wide awake. 5th night in a row that I've been up at least this late. I would scream if my head wasn't throbbing so bad.

Yes, you've got it. This is one of my whiny posts again, hey it's my blog...Sometimes a girl's just gotta whine.

But before I grump too badly, with all of the extra time on my hands I've been able to do a couple things like make these:

and read most of this:

and think about cleaning and organizing my house. But not actually doing it, cuz that would wake up my kids and because of other excuses like that. All of this while most normal people are catching their zzzz's.

Here's where the whining comes in. Since my Migraine stopped I've had horrible headaches. They're constant. Sometimes they're really bad and sometimes I just hide under a blanket and cry because the pain hurts so bad. Everyday I have them. Everyday except on Dec. 1 which was such an amazing event because I seriously had no pain in my body until 7:00pm. What a blessed day.

I'm so tired of all of the throbbing pain in my head and lately behind my eyes, but I am especially sick and tired of :
  • being such a grouch around my husband-sorry hon
  • having such a short patience meter for my kids-I'm trying to be better
  • not being able to concentrate on anything for more than a short span of time
  • not being able to sleep and always being drained of energy
  • exercise being an after thought
  • living on Motrin, (seriously how much is too much to take?)
There you have it. I'm done complaining for today.

Next quest? Finding some nice soothing lullabies . . .
Sweet Dreams

4 comments:

sinika said...

Hey- we could have chatted at 2 in the morning- that's when I finally went to bed. Somehow this baby in my belly is making sleep a little weird. Hope your headaches go away soon! Those pics you made are SUPER cute! Let us in on the directions eh?

caron said...

Man, it could have been a three-way conversation. I was up until about 4 or 5.
I'm sorry about the pain. I wish I could will it away for you. Good job being productive! All I did was listen to my ipod and watch a movie.

Katy said...

RATS Debra!! I'm sorry that you are forced to stay up so late with headaches. I've always thought you were a night owl though, when you lived down here I don't think there was ever a night you went to bed before one!! Have you been back to the doctor's?

Debra said...

Sinika....hmmm, I know that you're thinking that your having another boy, but I think the non ability to sleep is suspiciously sounding like a girl... :)

Caron, by golly, what on earth were you doing up so late?! (sorry, not trying to sound like a mom) I hope the movie was excellento.

Katy, awww, you remember my horrid habits. I am such a night owl...I just hate it when I stay up by non choice.

Just a week and half til the I see the doc again. He'll make it better, right?