Monday, February 16, 2009

I heart hair . . . .

Let me tell you a sad story. You might want to get a kleenex handy.

I have three beautiful girls and I love them a whole bunch, probably more than I could ever explain. I was so excited to have three girls too because besides all of the dancing and twirling, the giggles (and lets be honest, the drama) that come with having girls, I had dreams of never leaving the house without my girls' hair perfectly smoothed and styled.  Then I woke up. 

Getting my girls' hair all dolled up in my house takes more coaxing, fighting, and bribing than eating vegetables at meal time. I'm lucky to get their hair done on Sundays let alone decent for the rest of the week. Sad, I know. Actually, I find it more than sad... sometimes its just enough to bring me to tears or to my grumpy mom mode  (neither one is fun for any of the family.) 

Now for the happy ending to my sad story...

Kaydee gave me a gift the week of Valentine's. She consented to let me do her hair extra fancy for her kindergarten Valentine's Party. Go ahead, just imagine my delight.  AND she was practically smiling the whole time I was styling it into a heart. It was a good day.


What, you think I came up with this most adorable hair-do on my own? Nope, I'm just not that creative, especially with the lack of practice that I get. ;)  I got the idea here, which actually was a link off of my friend's blog (thanks Melissa). Just givin' credit where credits due. 

3 comments:

beth said...

That is amazing! Great job!

Angee said...

I'm with you on the hair thing. It's not that I don't want my girls' hair done, it's just not worth the fight. Although unlike you, I have no hair talent. Not even if given the idea. My fingers do not work that way. But I can type really fast...

The Rissa and Alex Family said...

So adorable. I will be in trouble if I ever have a girl. I am not creative or good at doing cute hair.