Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My five year old . . .

It's official, Kaydee turned five yesterday. I have mixed feelings about this-- five is the age that kids go to kindergarten, five is the age where the whole independent thinking really takes off, five is the first step in growing up. Ahhh! I kept asking her if it was okay if she stayed four for at least another year.... she didn't like the idea... go figure.

A little about Kaydee .... she is full of spunk and surprises and she definitely keeps us on our toes. She loves 1 on 1 attention and she has such a sense of humor! (just take a peek over to the side column). Kaydee is also very creative in her thinking, in her art and especially in what she chooses to wear :) She loves doing "grown up" things like getting the mail and vacuuming the floors and "babysitting" Natalie when I'm cleaning the house. She thinks of others often and can be such a peacemaker at times!

Kaydee's favorites . . .
food: ice cream, cake and pizza
color: all of them, except black because black doesn't show up on black paper :P
movie: Robin Hood and all of the Barbie movies
date w/ mom: ice skating
date w/ dad: going to the movies
book: the Scriptures (and no I didn't prompt her on this one) and Up Up Down by Robert Munsch
sport: riding her bike
toy: Barbies and little pet shop diary

Kaydee's b-day cake, the girl that is always wearing skirts wanted a race track cake . . .
I sure love ya, Kaydee!

6 comments:

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Kaydee!!

Debra, I love that cake...you are such a creative mom.

Debra said...

thanks, however I'm not the creative genius behind this cake . . . the internet is a wondrous thing don't you think? :)

Katy said...

See, I still don't think I would be able to pull it together...internet or not!!

sweet pickles said...

Cute post. And I love the race track cake!

Susan said...

Debra,
Katy's mom here. I miss seeing you, Greg and the girls! You need to come back home! Ellie needs her little buddy back.

Marce said...

she is so stinking cute! i'm sorry we couldn't make it for the festivities last week. i absolutely LOVE the cake!! you are amazing to even attempt such a feat. i guarantee mine would resemble the leaning tower of pisa. anyway, just wanted to let you know how much it meant to me that you were there for my shower on saturday! and thank you for the beyond awesome stroller. we already have it all put together...its deluxe! i love you and your family so much. sorry i couldn't chat/socialize more! hope to talk to you soon.