Friday, March 20, 2009

Families Can Be Together Forever . . .


We took our family to the Draper Temple open house March 9, 2009. It was one of the most loverly experiences of my entire life. I'm pretty sure my favorite part of this whole experience was preparing my family for what they were going to see and re-briefing what the temple is all about and sharing my testimony with them about Eternal Families. These conversations also led me into reminding my kids to be reverent inside the temple, I guess I drilled this reverence reminder inside their sweet little heads so much, in fact, that when we were walking through the temple's halls and going up and down the stairs, Natalie kept shushing everyone around her and walking on tip toe. Oh I love that three year old of mine!

And then there was the weather issue. Brrrr. and I repeat. BRRRR!!! It was such a wet, cold, snowy day. We were so glad to get onto that nice heated 'red' bus to take us to the temple and then bring us back again.

The inside of the Draper temple was breathtaking. Seriously. I loved all of the murals and my girls loved the Celestial room. They were all pretty convinced that they needed a chandelier like the one in the Celestial room to hang in their bedroom... could you imagine? I'm pretty sure it would take up their whole room.
Lastly, we enjoyed refreshment. You gotta love that, right? Well, we sure did. Probably a little too much.

I am so grateful for the amazing opportunity of seeing inside this temple with my family before it was dedicated. I pray that all my children will make the choice to come back to the temple when they are older so they can enjoy the tranquility and beauty and strength that can be found within its walls. I am ever so grateful for the covenants that I've made and the blessings that I've received because of our Father's Holy House. I love the temple.

No comments: