Wednesday, March 11, 2009

some whoppers . . .

Two whoppers in one day, why I tell ya...

#1
In the other room there's a little bit of a scuffle between Kaydee and Natalie. Seconds later Natalie comes running out to tell us that Kaydee has done THE most serious offense... she stuck her tongue out at her. I know, bad huh.
Kaydee is in close pursuit to defend herself, "No I didn't."
Upon further questioning, she said, "I was just stretching my tongue. I stretch my tongue when it itches. see. Like this."

#2 My kids have a hard time going to bed. Surprised? Don't be. This is almost a nightly ritual. Sometimes the trouble starts even before we say the three dreaded words: "time for bed". This night was no different and Natalie was being the ultimate stinkeroo. She was playing 'you can't catch me' like the best of 'em all the while taunting her daddy and avoiding her bed at all costs. Adorable right? Ya, not so much at the end of the day. So instead of Greg loosing his cool, he grabbed the ultimate anti-bedtime nonsense weapon ..... the froggy sprayer >>>>>

He gave her a brief squirt to the forehead and in an instant her bottom lip started to quiver. She put her hands to the sides of her face and then let out the most broken heart sob a little three year old can make. When she was able to catch her breath, in between sobs, she said, "I don't want to be a froggy!"

It took me another ten minutes to calm her down and convince her that even though we use the sprayer for our frogs, the water inside it would not turn her into one.

Sorry frogs, I'm sure Natty didn't mean to offend. She loves you, she just doesn't want to be you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so jealous that you have frogs! We have a turtle, but frogs have always been my favorite!

sweet pickles said...

Happy late birthday!

That tounge stretching story is SO something Logan would say. Very funny!